CSS code completition bug
Úr Balázs
2014-03-10 18:27:12 UTC
Hi!

The CSS code completition works well with 'color' property, but it
does not work with 'background-color' nor 'border-color'.

If I commented some lines around line 700 in the css-rules.bfinc, it
works again.

I commented these lines:
<context symbols=" &#9;&#10;&#13;{}.;:">
<element pattern="inherit" highlight="css-value" >
<autocomplete append=";" />
</element>
<element idref="e.css.end"/>
<element idref="e.css.lcomment"/>
<element idref="e.css.rbrace"/>
</context>

Can you fix this, and can you explain me, what was the problem?

There is an other bug in 'padding' and 'padding-*' properties.
In these properties there is this line after <reference> element:
<context idref="c.css.length_percentage"/>

In the 'margin' property there is these lines after <reference> element:
<context idref="c.css.width"/>
<context symbols=" &#9;&#10;&#13;-{}.;:">
<group highlight="css-value" >
<autocomplete append=";" />
<element pattern="0"/>
<element pattern="auto"/>
<element pattern="inherit"/>
</group>
<element idref="e.css.length.neg"/>
<element idref="e.css.end"/>
<element idref="e.css.lcomment"/>
<element idref="e.css.rbrace"/>
</context>

Margins works well. Can you copy these lines to 'padding' properties?

Regards,
Balázs
Úr Balázs
2014-03-10 19:38:07 UTC
Here is a patch to css-rules.bfinc file:
- added transition properties: ‘transition’, ‘transition-delay’,
‘transition-duration’, ‘transition-property’,
‘transition-timing-function’
- added values to ‘transition-property’ property from MDN:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_animated_properties

Bug:
Code completition does not work on 'transition' shorthand property.
How can I fix this?

Regards,
Balázs
Olivier Sessink
2014-03-11 13:28:15 UTC
- added transition properties: ‘transition’, ‘transition-delay’,
‘transition-duration’, ‘transition-property’,
‘transition-timing-function’
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_animated_properties
thanks, slightly modified added to svn!
Code completition does not work on 'transition' shorthand property.
How can I fix this?
the word "transition" itself autocompletes fine over here, and it has no
elements defined in the language file, so there is nothing to
autocomplete as its value.

Olivier
--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/
Olivier Sessink
2014-03-11 13:20:24 UTC
Post by Úr Balázs
Hi!
The CSS code completition works well with 'color' property, but it
does not work with 'background-color' nor 'border-color'.
If I commented some lines around line 700 in the css-rules.bfinc, it
works again.
there is something wrong in the language file: there are two contexts in
a single element. I'm trying to improve the bluefish error messages for
such bugs in the language files.
Post by Úr Balázs
There is an other bug in 'padding' and 'padding-*' properties.
<context idref="c.css.length_percentage"/>
<context idref="c.css.width"/>
<context symbols=" &#9;&#10;&#13;-{}.;:">
<group highlight="css-value" >
<autocomplete append=";" />
<element pattern="0"/>
<element pattern="auto"/>
<element pattern="inherit"/>
</group>
<element idref="e.css.length.neg"/>
<element idref="e.css.end"/>
<element idref="e.css.lcomment"/>
<element idref="e.css.rbrace"/>
</context>
Margins works well. Can you copy these lines to 'padding' properties?
here again margin has two contexts, one of them should be removed.

Olivier
Olivier Sessink
2014-03-11 15:48:35 UTC
Post by Olivier Sessink
there is something wrong in the language file: there are two contexts in
a single element. I'm trying to improve the bluefish error messages for
such bugs in the language files.
ok, there is an error message now if you have two contexts in an element.

Olivier
Úr Balázs
2014-03-11 16:52:24 UTC
Post by Olivier Sessink
ok, there is an error message now if you have two contexts in an element.
If you have time, can you write some information in the wiki about the
language files? Explain structure, examples, how to edit, etc.

Balázs
Olivier Sessink
2014-03-11 19:01:45 UTC
Post by Úr Balázs
Post by Olivier Sessink
ok, there is an error message now if you have two contexts in an element.
If you have time, can you write some information in the wiki about the
language files? Explain structure, examples, how to edit, etc.
yes, have you looked at sample.bflang2 ? It has a bit of documentation
(but not very extensive). Is the documentation in sample.bflang2 clear
or not clear to you? Please help me to improve the documentation.

Olivier